This is Bloomington-Normal
We love our hometown, and so will you.Schedule a Campus Visit
- 132,600+ population
- #1 Most educated county in Illinois
- #3 Best Small City for Job-Seeking College Grads
Parks and Recreation
Entertainment and Culture
一道本不卡免费高清Our campus is steps away from locally owned shops, restaurants, and hotels in this thriving central business district.
Why is it called Normal?
一道本不卡免费高清Our hometown got its name from “Illinois State Normal University,” our old moniker. Back then, we were a teachers’ college and “normal” meant teaching.
- State Farm*
- Illinois State University
- COUNTRY Financial*
- Unit 5 school district
- Advocate BroMenn Medical Center
- OSF St. Joseph Medical Center
- McLean County government
- Afni Inc.*
- District 87 school district
- City of Bloomington
*Headquartered in Bloomington-Normal
一道本不卡免费高清Researchers find that spending by Illinois State and its employees and students directly contributes more than $550 million to the local economy.